Marin County Civic Center Complex
The Civic Center complex was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright (1869-1959) near the end of his long career. The Administration Building was completed in 1962 and the Hall of Justice in 1970. They are the only government buildings designed by the distinguished architect that were ever actually constructed. The project fully embodied Wright’s idea of organic Architecture–a synthesis of buildings and landscape. In Wright’s words, the structures were planned to “melt into the sunburnt hills.”
California registered historical landmark no. 999.